Monday, August 23, 2010

Blueberry Lake

August 21: Blueberry Lake. I did a little fishing and my lure got hung up on a summered twig. I did not want to lose a lure, so I took my shoes off and rolled my pants up and went into the lake to get it. Edna was watching and was so shocked, she did not get a picture. Good! We talked to a range. He believes the ducks we saw were common golden-eyes. The family has been here all summer.


Did some walking up the trail to the tundra. Walked on the ridge line and then dropped down to see if we could reach a stream that feed into the lake. The ground was very spongy and pockmarked by holes filled with water. They call this muskeg. Hikers used piles of rocks to mark the trail for return. We followed the previous made piles.
As we returned, we found chairs set up on the tundra, overlooking the deep canyon with mountains in the distance. We realized it was being set up for a wedding. Many of the guests were Native Americans but not all. Later in the day, we explored a new path and found old moose nuggets. It became freezing cold, and misting so we returned to Escape To. High today was 57 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment